Scholarship Description: The Dominican University of California is inviting applications for International Merit Scholarships. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree programme.
About University: The Dominican University of California is a private, not-for-profit, coeducational university located in San Rafael, California. It was founded in 1890 as Dominican College by the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Country of Study: USA
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
|Trustee Scholarship||$12,000 per year||Minimum 3.50|
|Presidential Scholarship||$10,000 per year||3.00 – 3.49|
|Deans Scholarship||$8,000 per year||2.50 – 2.99|
Eligibility: Minimum cumulative GPA requirements to maintain eligibility:
- Trustee Scholarship: minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Presidential Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Deans Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
In addition to meeting the minimum cumulative GPA, to maintain Institutional aid eligibility, students must also meet Federal SAP eligibility; if the student is enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 12 of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term, or if the student is not enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 75% of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: Admitted full-time freshman and transfer students on Visa with foreign transcripts are automatically considered for the following renewable scholarships. A separate application is not required.
- Dominican University of California Online Application or Common Application
2. 500-word typed Essay as described in the application on one of the following topics:
- Describe a family, cultural, or personal tradition that is meaningful to you. Explain why.
- If you could spend a day with anyone (living, deceased or imaginary), who would it be and why?
- Required for all Nursing and Health Science (Pre-OT) applicants: Tell us why you would like to major in nursing or occupational therapy and what contributions you see yourself making to the profession. Please include any past work (paid or volunteer) experience in health care, education or social services.
- Updated, official high school transcript (six semesters minimum);
4. One recommendation from school faculty, administrator, and/or a counselor. Applicants who have been out of school for more than two years may submit a letter of recommendation from a professional colleague;
5. Official Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) scores.
Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2017.