We have gathered the current list of the entire departments in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Ikot Osurua. Under-listed are the 6 faculties/schools in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, and all the departments are summed up to 24 departments.
School of Applied Sciences:
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Hotel and Catering Management
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Science Technology:
-Science Technology (ND)
School of Business Management:
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Office Technology & Management
- Department of Marking
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Legal Studies
School of Communication Art:
- Department of Arts and Design
- Department of General Studies
- Department of Mass Communication
School of Engineering:
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
School of Environmental Studies:
- Department of Architecture
- Department of building Technology
- Department of Estate Managements
- Department of Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of urban and regional planning
Preliminary National Diploma (Pre-ND) Programmes:
The main objective of the Pre-ND Programme is to update the academic status of the candidates who have not satisfied the minimum entry requirements as stipulated by the NBTE for admission into National Diploma Programmes run by the Polytechnic.
The minimum entry requirement for the admission to the Pre-ND programme shall be a minimum of FIVE PASSES including English and Mathematics and THREE other relevant subjects at WASC, SSCE, NECO, GCE (O’ Level), or NABTEB examination in not more than two sittings, or their recognized equivalents in the proposed course of study.
The structure of the Pre-ND Programme consists of formal lectures and practical/laboratory work (where applicable in relevant subjects) and one or more vocational courses relevant to the programme.
On successful completion of the Pre-ND Programme and scoring at least the cut-off point in JAMB UTME for that year, the candidate will be qualified for admission into any of the ND programmes of the institution.
ENTRANCE QUALIFICATION INTO THE POLYTECHNIC:
The objective of the National Diploma programme is to produce the middle level manpower needs of the nation in the areas of Technology, business and management. The curriculum for the programmes reflects the requirement of industries, business ventures both in theoretical content and practical skill.
Candidates are admitted into National Diploma programme either through the pre-ND programme or directly through JAMB. In either case, candidate must obtain the required number of credit passes or aggregate and must satisfy the minimum entry requirement for the programme
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA:
The Higher National Diploma is a post- National Diploma programme scheduled to last for two years. It is aimed at producing professionals who can work as supervisors on Government Establishment, Industries and commercial Houses. Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass from Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic or any other Polytechnic with accreditation in the relevant programme of study and with at least one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic.
For more information click here